Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bike. Stitch.

Howdy,
This is the first post, hurray. I have been wanting to make a blog forever. I am a college student in a Midwest school. Studying wildlife conservation. I just got my first stitches this morning which reduces my use of my fingers, which makes typing... really hard. Since i only have use of my pinky and my ring finger on my left hand. Why I decided to write my first blog with this disability, I have no idea. I guess this blog is to share my experiences with college life, which is nearly over.

I was employed most of the school year as a telemarketer, and took notes about what dumb people said. Since starting that job, I always wanted to have a place where people could see what my day was like. Why i remained a telemarketer... well, to just be reassured how dumpy people are. I later got fired because well, i stopped going. I didn't quit, so technically, I am a winner. Since quitters never win.

I guess, I should explain my title of my blog, the whole bike named jess thing. As a college student I need a bike to get around. I mean thats an extra ten minutes of sleep. Which is always good. So since I am an avid biker to begin with, I didnt want to bring my mega expensive bike to school. So we hit up the local thrift store and found this junky red bike, I pulled it off the shelf and asked my counterparts what I should name it, and my dear friend suggested Jessica. So, its a Open Road, made back by mongommery ward. There is no online database for an open road bike, so I have no idea when it was made. She is pretty dumpy. The brakes dont work, the tires are cracked. I pimped her out a few weeks ago with some handle pads, and a rack on the back. she never did have reflectors, cept on the peddles. I noticed that a car got rear ended in the parking lot so I took the car reflector parts off the ground, put some tinfoil behind it and than electrical taped the whole thing together... Tadaaa insta relectors.

Thats it for now. I still plan on getting a nice vector made of my bike for a picture... and than to post some more things later.

1 comment:

The Urban Backpacker said...

You're a trooper for typing with stitches. Welcome to the blogosphere!